Honor! Wrestling Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Third Side of the Coin

Go down

The Third Side of the Coin Empty The Third Side of the Coin

Post  Covenant Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:23 pm

Covenant stands in a dark corner of the backstage area, smoking another disgusting, smelly cigar. His face is positioned in the deepest shadows available, illuminated only by the cigar's glowing embers. He begins to speak, low and slow.

"It seems that people are choosing up sides now, like a dodgeball game during recess. Excuse me if I'm not impressed. The point isn't about what's right, or fair, or what the legacy of wrestling has to tell us about this or that or the other. I just kinda want to smash somebody in the face. Whether it's OK to do that in any particular match doesn' t much matter. I'm going to do it anyway. I don't have to hold somebody's hand and sing Kumbaya and prepare a sternly worded letter to management documenting my intention to start a steering committee for the purpose of researching the possibility of circulating a petition to make my stance against this policy known.

But you can do all that if you want. What you should all remember, though, is that the enemy of your enemy isn't your friend. The guy standing by your side in your awesome fight to preserve the integrity of professional wrestling is really just doing it so they can break your face without repercussions. That's what matters. That resolve is what's worthy of respect."

He chuckles and shrugs, making no move to leave. After a moment, our view fades out.
Covenant
Covenant

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum